Work for foreign students at universities in the Netherlands.

Work for foreign students at universities in the Netherlands.
While studying at Dutch higher education institutions, foreign students are allowed to earn extra money. This can be a job or with part-time work during the school year or full time during the summer holidays. This practice not only provides an opportunity to earn some money and pay for part of the training at the university, but also helps to gain useful experience in the future in the work abroad.
Depending on the citizenship of the students, there may be additional rules when applying for a job, which must be remembered.
Students from EU countries.
Students with citizenship of European countries, including Baltic countries (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) can work in Holland without any restrictions, both in terms of working hours, and in terms of places where they can search for suitable vacancies. The work permit for residents of these countries is also not required.
Students from countries outside the EU.
For students from countries outside the EU, there are a number of restrictions. In addition, they need to issue some documents for work in the Netherlands.
If you have found the right vacancy, your employer needs to apply for a work permit with the state employment agency (Werkbedrijf & UWV). This will give you the opportunity to work 10 hours per week during the school year or full-time during the summer holidays: in June, July and August. You will need to choose one of these options.
In the work permit there is no need for an internship, in which case an agreement signed by your employer and university is sufficient.
For the device to work, you also need a civil registration number (Citizen’s Service Number or Dutch Burgerservicenummer & ndash; BSN). It can be obtained at the nearest municipality (city hall) upon arrival in the country, usually with the help of the university.
Requirements for medical insurance.
To work in the Netherlands, you need to issue a general Dutch health insurance certificate (Dutch public health insurance, or basiszorgverzekering).
Please note that a student’s insurance policy, for example, personal health insurance or a European Health Insurance Card, as well as insurance of another country will not be enough, and their use may entail a large fine.
General medical insurance is more expensive than a student’s, so if you do not plan to work during the whole academic year, it is worth choosing an insurance company that allows you to switch between personal and general insurance.
Some students may also receive a state medical insurance benefit, called zorgtoeslag, which is provided as an aid to paying contributions to citizens with small incomes.
Taxes and social insurance.
You will also have to pay income tax and monthly pay social insurance contributions. Depending on wages, total taxes can be up to a third of the original income.
It is worth remembering that taxes are levied on all your income in the Netherlands. If in addition to work you receive a scholarship, taxable, the total amount may be less than if you did not work at all.
Where students can find work in Holland.
Online sites in Dutch for foreigners with sections on job search, where vacancies are often posted. Employment agencies, called in Dutch uitzendbureaus, for example, Randstad, a major international bureau and Undutchables, a job search organization for candidates who do not speak Dutch. Exhibitions of vacancies, held regularly by universities several times a year. The student office of your institution can also be useful in terms of job search.
Examples of English-language sites for job search: Eures – European Job Mobility Portal.
More about the work in the Netherlands:
The rules of employment for students in the Netherlands on the site Nuffic Neso.

Hi! Do you need to find a partner for sex? Nothing is more simple! Click here, free registration!